Sunday, May 30, 2010

Matcha Cake With Chocolate Mousse



Ahah! another long week has passed and I have a cake to settle for one of my friends! So it was time to put on my thinking cap ( never really had one though T__T ) and come up with some cake ideas!

Didn't want to do any of the boring ones again ... so then the idea of red velvet cake came along! *gotta love the contrast of colours in it :)* and haihz...sadly there weren't any red colouring so then I just opted for a green tea approach :P and hence it was time to visit my two lovely wives to get things rolling!

After sweating a whole evening getting the parts all assembled ... it was finally done!

ooo..wonder whats behind that mould eh....


Alright alright ..after some torching on the sides ( I think I should have just used a spatula instead! LOL! cause I think I melted some of the mousse *sighs* Take a look below.


Sighs...oh well guess I'll just try to cover that mess with some better deco on the top! Luckily managed to get some strawberries from the grocer nearby! And after some fiddling...

Decided to use my trusty old flamethrower!

And after some STRESSFUL PIPING! *sweats* oh and not to mention some simple chocolate deco just for the heck of it :)


But something just wasn't enough :)! . . .


Now I'm satisfied! :)


Gawwwddd! I din know it was more stressful making cakes back home then it is at college! LOL! Well not to mention my desert-like kitchen which melts every single diary product alive just letting it sit on the counter!

All in all..it was certainly a fun day! With tonnes of memories to be kept throughout that day! *winks* Well this last pic just wraps it all up : A sweet and juicy ending to a blissful day :)! It's time to hit the sack!


Green Tea Cake with Chocolate Mousse - to die for ;)

3 comments:

  1. Looks nice Gen!
    but please don't blow torch the kitchen table ok.we had good memories having dinner on that table.>.<
    I want to taste ur cake though? hmm is there a way to ship that over? hahaha.
    XOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. AHAHAH wont blow the table wan laa :P! just a light smoldering on the table wont hurt maahh :)! don worrY! hmm! through dhl lor..but then the transportation cost will cost a bomb :(! LOLOLOL! nvm laa..next time can always try ma :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. how bout Malaysian Post? hehehe but Xinyi's going back so she said she can bring back some!!!hehehehe.Xinyi said she wants.Shes going back soon hehehe! I'll pass you her contact or someting k. hehehe.
    LOL hahahah.blow torch!!!hahaha but don't burn a whole in it ok! Dad would get mad ya noe.haha

    ReplyDelete